- What is Traded?
- Currencies Are Traded in Pairs
- Market Size And Liquidity
- Different Ways to Trade Forex
Advantages of Forex
Who Trades Forex?
When Can You Trade Forex?
How Do You Trade Forex?
- Time To Make Some Dough
- Pips and Pipettes
- Lots, Leverage, and Profit and Loss
- Impress Your Date with Forex Lingo
- Types of Orders
- Demo Your Way to Success
- Protect Yo Self Before You Wreck Yo Self
Three Types of Analysis
Types of Chart
What is Japanese Candlestick?
- Basic Candlestick Patterns
- Lone Rangers - Single Candlestick Patterns
- Double Trouble - Dual Candlestick Patterns
- Three is Not A Crowd - Triple Candlestick Patterns
- Japanese Candlesticks Sheet
- Summary: Japanese Candlesticks
- Fibonacci Retracement
- When Fibonacci Fails
- Combining Fibs with Support and Resistance
- Combining Fibs with Trend Lines
- Combining Fibs with Candlesticks
- Fibonacci Extensions
- Placing Stops with Fibs
- Summary: Fibonacci
- Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
- Parabolic SAR
- Relative Strength Index
- Average Directional Index
- Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
- Putting It All Together
- Summary: Common Chart Indicators
Leading vs. Lagging Indicators
- Leading Indicators (Oscillators)
- Lagging Indicators (Momentum Indicators)
- Summary: Leading and Lagging Indicators
- Head and Shoulders
- How to Trade Chart Patterns
- Chart Patterns Sheet
Forex Pivot Points
- How to Calculate Pivot Points
- Range Trading with Pivot Points
- Playing the Breaks with Pivot Points
- Using Pivot Points to Determine Market Sentiment
- Other Pivot Point Calculation Methods
- Summary: Pivot Points
Elliott Wave Theory
- The 5 - 3 Wave Patterns
- ABC Correction
- Waves Within a Wave
- The 3 Cardinal Rules and Some Guidelines
- Riding Elliott's Waves
- Summary: Elliott Wave Theory
Harmonic Price Patterns
- The ABCD and the Three-Drive
- The Gartley and the Animals
- 3 Steps in Trading Harmonic Price Patterns
- Summary: Harmonic Price Patterns
- Regular Divergence
- Hidden Divergence
- How To Trade Divergences
- Momentum Tricks
- 9 Rules for Trading Divergences
- Divergence Sheet
- Summary: Divergences
- What is a Trending Market?
- What is a Ranging Market?
- Retracement or Reversal?
- Identifying Reversals
- Protect YourSelf From Reversals
- Ways to Measure Volatility
- Types of Breakouts
- Spotting Breakouts
- Measuring the Strength of the Breakout
- Trading Fakeouts
- Fade the Breakout
- How to Trade Fakeouts
- Summary: Trading Breakouts and Fakeouts
What is Fundamental Analysis?
- Interest Rates
- Who's the Central Bank ?
- Long-term Market Movers
- News and Market Data
- Market Reaction
What is a Currency Cross Pair?
- Crosses Present More Trading Opportunities
- Cleaner Trends and Ranges
- Taking Advantage of Interest Rate Differential
- Obscure Crosses
- Planning Around News and Fundamentals
- Creating Synthetic Pairs
- Euro and Yen Crosses
- How to Use Crosses to Trade the Majors
- How Cross Currency Pairs Affect Dollar Pairs
- Summary: Currency Crosses
Multiple Time Frame Analysis
- What Time Frame Should I Trade?
- Time Frame Breakdown
- Long or Short?
- Time Frame Mashup
- Time Frame Combinations
- Summary: Multiple Time Frame Analysis
What is Market Sentiment
- Commitment of Traders Report
- 3 Simple Steps to Access the COT Report
- Understanding the Three Groups
- The COT Trading Strategy
- Picking Tops and Bottoms
- Your Very Own COT Indicator
- Getting Down and Dirty with the Numbers
- Summary: Market Sentiment
Trading The News
- Why Trade the News
- Which News Reports are Trade-Worthy?
- Directional Bias vs. Non-Directional Bias
- Trading with a Directional Bias
- Letting the Market Decide Which Direction to Take
- Summary: Trading the News
What is Carry Trade?
- How Do Carry Trades Work for Forex?
- To Carry or Not to Carry
- Carry Trade Criteria and Risk
- Summary: Carry Trade
How to Read the Dollar Index
- Black Crack
- Bond Spreads
- Bond Markets, Fixed Income Securities, and the Forex Market
- Using Equities to Trade FX
- The Relationship Between Stocks and Forex
- Correlations Between Stocks and Currencies
- EUR/JPY: Your Very Own Barometer of Risk
- Intermarket Analysis Sheet
Forex Traders' Guide to Major Economies
What is a Trading Plan?
- Why Do you Need a Trading Plan?
- Justified vs. Unjustified
- Getting to Know Yourself
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Risk Capital
- Lifestyle Considerations
- Daily Pre-Market Routine
- Weapons of Choice
- Stick to the plan
- Summary: Developing a Trading Plan
What Types of Trader are you?
- Time is Money
- Day Trading
- Swing Trading
- Position Trader
- Summary: What type of Trader are you?
Create Your Own Trading Systems
- Design Your Trading System in Six Steps
- Build Your Trading System in Six Steps
- The 'So Easy It's Ridiculous' System
- Summary: Creating Your Own Mechanical Trading System
Why Keep a Trade Journal?
- Benefits of Keeping a Journal
- What Should You Record in Your Journal?
- Potential Trading Area
- Entry Trigger
- Position Sizing
- Trade Management Rules
- Trade Retrospective
- Trading Journal Statistics
- Reviewing Your Trading Journal
- Difficulties of Keeping a Trade Journal
- Summary: Keeping a Trade Journal
What is Risk Management?
- Don't Lose Your Shirt
- Drawdown and Maximum Drawdown
- Reward-to-Risk Ratio
- Summary: Risk Management
The Number 1 Cause of Death of Forex Traders
- What is leverage?
- Margin Call Exemplified
- Margin + Leverage = Possible Deadly Combination
- Negative Effects of Leverage
- More on Leverage
- How Leverage Affects Transaction Costs
- Don't Underestimate Leverage
The Importance of Correct Position Sizes
Setting Stop Losses
- Equity Stop
- Chart Stop
- Volatility Stop
- Time Stop
- Top Usage Mistakes
- How to Execute Stops
- Summary: Setting Stops
What is Scaling?
- Scaling Out
- Scaling Into Losing Positions
- Adding to an Open Winning Position
- Summary: Scaling In and Out
What is Currency Correlation?
- How to Read Currency Correlation Tables
- Always Know Your Risk Exposure
- How to Use Currency Correlation in Your Trading
- Know that Currency Correlations Change
- Calculating Currency Correlations using Excel
- Summary: Currency Correlations
Different Types of Brokers
- Which Type of Broker Should I Choose?
- The Retail Forex Brokers
- Be Aware of Bucket Shops
- Defending Yourself